Hola from the pacific north BLESSED!
The title of today's letter has a lot a lot of significance for our week here in good ol' Graham Washington. I can say I have changed incredibly from the beginning of this week to where I'm at now and I'm loving this opportunity I have to change so much!!
First of all with the work. Claudio is doing so good. On one of our harder days this week we had a lot of appointments set and almost all of them canceled and we were to our 4th level of back up plans and we still weren't finding anyone who had the time to meet with us.. we went to Claudio's really late to see if we could help with anything and what did we find him doing? READING EL LIBRO DE MORMON. It was such a tender mercy after such a long day and SO EXCITING TO SEE HIM DOING THAT. It was huge and he said he's been super interested in it and loving reading it so far. MILAGROS. I've found this is something that has really helped me to have perspective in the mission, seeing everything as a miracle because ultimately it is! THe people we meet, the places we go to contact, the people who open their doors are all placed in our path and that in itself is a miracle.
Other cool thing of the week we met with our girl Ada again and watched some great addiction recovery videos! She told us the most amazing thing. When we got there she was working on bringing a lot of stuff out onto her lawn for a garage sale and she gave us a ton of stuff (see pictures attached hahhaa) but she also told us that the day before she prayed and told Heavenly Father that if He brought people to help her overcome the craziness in her head and to help her with all the stuff she had to do then she would stop drinking. and she said "and then you guys showed up so I guess I'm done" BLESSINGS MIRACLES BLESSINGS WOW LIFE IS SO GOOD YAY ADA.
Reasons I'm not the same :
1. I've started to translate everything in my head... whether it's said in English and i translate to Spanish or it;s said in Spanish and I translate to English. It leads to a lot of headaches at the end of the day but mostly i'm like wait okay this is awesome. The language is coming slowly but I trust that it will come eventually! And the Lord is teaching me tons of patience with that.
2, CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND WAS SO GOOD RIGHT. I've noticed I'm not the same because watching conference was so so different than ever before. I was watching and thinking of not only me but my family members, my investigators, our members, and it made it such a different and growing experience (even if i only understood probably about 50% of it).
3. I am not the same in that one night this week we had 4 different dinner appointments... and anyone who knows anything about latinos knows they dont feed you small portions... Hermana Souza practically had to roll me out of our last woman's house. IT WAS SO BAD. I was huge and I have not been the same since.
4. I am not the same because I officially love hard things. That is not who I used to be. but hard things are what we are here on this earth to face! we weren't sent here to have easy lives and to go through every day without a second thought and return back after this life all fine and dandy. we are here to have trials! but every trial is an opportunity for us to turn to our Lord. to turn to our Savior who understands us exactly and to feel His arms wrapped around us. We don't get to feel that if our lives are easy! So yes, I officially love hard things.
I'm so grateful for the mission! It's the best thing ever. I miss my friends and family back home so much, but ultimately I know this is where I'm supposed to be. and trust me, I AM SO HAPPY. This work is not about me and with that I sometimes feel guilty that I'm gaining so much joy and knowledge from it. I am so incredibly blessed. Thank you for the love and prayers and know that your missionary up here in the PNW prays for you every day!
Estoy agradecida for este Evangelio y por mi Salvador JesuCristo. Oro que todas las personas pueden escuchar nuestro mensaje de esperanza y gozo y que toda mi familia sabe que este Iglesia es verdadera. Les amo con todo mi corazon!
Hermana Reed IV
1. This is Ada our bff who cut off all ties with drinking this week! YAYAYA
2. Okay I know it probably seems like all I do is preach to Dogs but this one is special.. His name is - you won't believe it - JACK DEMPSEY. AND NO THEYRE NOT FROM MANASSA
3. Here is some of the wins we got from Ada! Hermana Souza got the minnie mouse shirt and I got this really awesome Child's poncho that has holes in it from when she used it to put out her cigarettes hahahahahahahahaha
4. family pic but didn't get the memo that we were trying to be cute?
5 ALSO this is our plant we got her name is judith WE HAVE A PET
Hermana Fallyn Reed
Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Federal Way, Washington Mission. July 2016 - January 2018.