Hola mi familia y mis amigos :)
This week had a LOT of firsts, but I'm realizing that a lot of my firsts are coming to an end here soon as we finish up the last week of my first transfer in the field! PANIC HOW IS THAT REAL. Time is seriously flying.
1. I had my first exchange this week with our Sister Training Leader Hermana Huhem :) She is SO AWESOME and I learned so much from her, especially because I have never had anyone but Hermana Souza so seeing a different way to do things was new in itself. I went to Auburn which is a really highly populated latino area and one of our goals was to teach people on the spot and just invite them to be baptized. It's awesome because it really shows us like right away if they really have interest in changing their lives. We taught this guy named Roberto, taught him the restoration and it was powerful and at the end we just invited him to be baptized and he said YES. HELLO MIRACLE OR WHAT. It was crazy, and it really showed me like I need to be bold in this work!! BEcause we will see Miracles from the Lord's hand.
2. I gave my first talk in church! I'll be real I was pretty nervous. Something about saying a lot of things in a language I'm not confident in in front of a bunch of people who speak it fluently gave me some freaks but I think it went well :) I shared what I wanted, gave a motiviating member missionary plug and bore my testimony of things i really knew. It was like a 10 min talk and the members after said it was like surprisingly really well spoken! Gift of tongues is real because i actually don't remember anything I said.
3. I had my first real real heartbreak. Claudio, one of our investigators - the one related to like our whole ward - told us he's moving back to California this week ): my heart nearly shattered. We have seen him and his faith grow so much these past few weeks that I just wanted to CRY ugh its so sad and were still praying something will come up and get him to stay and learn more from us.
That was basically our week! Lots of work still to do in this area and a lot of changes that we need to make so that he Lord can work through us, but we're working so hard! Another thing about hispanics that slightly kills me is that they're all a little shorter than me... and hugs just aren't as satisfying as they used to be. That added to the fact we saw the sun only twice this weeks means my body is definitely struggling. I'm trying to eat lots of vegetables to make up for it, you're welcome mom.
Love you all so much! Remember that no matter what you're going through, no matter what your question or your trial is, Heavenly Father is the answer and this gospel will help with ANYTHING. I have seen it first hand! Know your missionary loves and misses you.
Hermana Reed IV
ps. we found out an APOSTLE OF THE LORD IS COMING TO OUR MISSION IN TWO WEEKS. I CAN NOT WAIT.
pics this week! 1. WE MET SISTER MEYERS. For all missionaries, they will know who that is. Shes in the district which is basically a show about how to be a rockin missionary and shes missionary famous. We found out shes in our area and speaks spanish so shes coming on splits with us and we are STOKED SHES SO COOL.
2. This picture was in the Liahona last month and it is LITERALLY me and Hermana Souza #twins
3. BRONCOS FANS EXIST IN WA TELL THE WORLD
4. Here's the district!!!! They're the best
Hermana Fallyn Reed
Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Federal Way, Washington Mission. July 2016 - January 2018.